Thursday 23 February 2012

Saving water in the kitchen

I want to write a small post about an ingenious shower head that can be fitted to most kitchen sinks, allowing for water to sprinkle down rather than gush out of the tap.  I have installed one in my kitchen sink one of the taps and I have not regretted it since.  I bought the device at my local Nilgiris store after reading about it in the Hindu paper, and since then have noticed it in several other kitchen of friends and relatives.  It saves water because it allows for the water to 'rain' over a larger area than the tap's debit stream, thus allowing you to rinse vessels and plates much more quickly, thereby reducing the time that the tap is open.  It's great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do Please leave your comment as this will help us better understand the need for sustainable transformation in our society.